Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 23, 2014

FFwD ~ Happy Birthday Dorie!

To celebrate the trifecta of Dorie’s birthday, the new book launch, and the 4th anniversary of French Fridays, Doristas are choosing to make one of the following recipes from Baking Chez Moi this week.
and here are my two bakes!
Palets des Dames, Lille Style
and Canelles
 
 
 
I forgot to reduce the quantity of sugars for both
hence they were perfect paired with Ginger Tea!
***
late night baking...
 by the way...
metal pans give way better results!
 using madeleine and mini tea cake pans
beautiful and crunchy exterior and tender interiors! 
 ***
 Baking Chez Moi Cover.jpg 
 ***
 Delish potato gratin which the Doristas made
back in November 2010!
 
  served with chicken basquaise (pipérade)
the Doristas did way  back in September 21, 2012
and one recipe which I had made on a couple of occasions already!
***
 Do check out the rest of group's results for this week's recipe at:
(click picture below)
Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!



18 comments:

Susan said...

I made the Palets des Dames, too. I am totally impressed by your Canelles!

Anonymous said...

Your canelles look delicious. I so want to try that recipe, but first I need to find some molds.

Ei said...

Oooh, everything looks so good. Now I'm hungry for potato gratin. I forgot about that dish. It was GOOOOOD.

Mardi Michels said...

I totally need to try the Palets des Dames now - they look so good!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Ooh, you've been busy! 3 terrific recipes!!! So glad to have you along for the ride :)

Kathy said...

Your Canneles look beautiful, as do your Palets des Dames! The Palets des Dames will be my next baking adventure! Happy Friday, Emily!

tricia s. said...

Oh wow- you were so productive and with such yummy results ! Once again I wish I had been in YOUR kitchen this week :) I am so impressed you even included all our Google links- way to go. I enjoyed trying the cannelés this week but really want to do those Palets des Dames. Yum.

KB from Prof Who Cooks said...

Those madeleines look mouth-watering in their cannelés incarnation. Yum!

Anonymous said...

You really get a lot done. I want to try the cannelés - they look so delicious! Beautiful job. :)

Cakelaw said...

Great job Emily - you were dedicated baking the canneles twice. The chicken basque was quite wonderful, I remember.

Christy said...

These look fabulous Emily! Everything you did sounds wonderful - kudos to you and all the fantastic make-up work you are doing!

Adriana said...

That's a lot of sweets. I really like how the cannelés look baked in the madeleine pans.

Nana said...

Everything looks fabulous. This was a fun project to celebrate Dorie's
birthday. Looking forward to her new book.

Arisuchan said...

I'm going to make these with my tea cake pans too! ;) you look like you had plenty of sweet treats to enjoy with your tea! Great job, Emily!

Anonymous said...

I made the cookies too (very tasty), and the canneles are next on the list!

Diane Zwang said...

Everything looks delicious and turned out great. I will be hosting a dinner party soon and I think I will serve that potato gratin. I always get great new ideas for cooking from your blog. You spent a lot of time on all those links. Happy cooking.

Anonymous said...

All of your recipes look delicious!! I only made the Palets, I didn't have pans for the cannelles (and I was intimidated), but now that I see your post, I am reminded of some small pans I do have (plus the Madeleine pans), so maybe I can get to those too. Yours look absolutely amazing!!

Cher Rockwell said...

I am very excited to try the caneles after seeing everyone's results.

The potato gratin is one of our family's favorites. I can't tell you how many times we've made that recipe over the past few years.