Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 29, 2013

TCSB ~ Streusel Squares (and cupcakes!)

I.AM.LATE
for
December's Cake
but better late than never!
Streusel Squares in cupcakes
and
square pan

my first ever crumb cake (I think!)
below: hot out of the oven - yumms!
the streusel layer is just nice
the cake crumb is dense and tender

below: I found these lovely plates (small and smaller) so cute!
below: another super find 
note:  There were some complaints that the topping
was a bit bland hence I made a small change 
to the ingredients for it:
I used half flour and half almond meal (instead of 100% flour)
and I forgot to add my vanila but the cake still smell good
and tastes just fine without it
below: in order not to have leftover topping
I finished it all on the square cake
hence the streusel layer was quite thick
this is our 2nd recipe from
Carole Walter's
Great Cakes, over 250 recipes to Bake, Share and Enjoy!

Do visit us at FB to see the results of the group!


13 comments:

Paloma said...

Emily! Sorry it took me a while to stop by! Your cake looks soooo good! I want to go and make another one! :) ... Great finds with those plates too! Lovely!

The Ninja Baker said...

Very yummy looking indeed, Emily. Great idea to make cupcakes and use almond meals.

Unknown said...

Aww the crumb cake muffins are adorable! Glad you finally got this posted. Happy New Year!

OvenDelights said...

Emily I'm glad this recipe worked for you! Those squares look scrumptious!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

I can't wait to try this again and try your idea of using some almond meal in the topping. Also, the cupcakes are a great idea because they are so much more portable.

Emily said...

Yes, the squares were crumbly right?!

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

Emily I love seeing what changes you make to recipes. Things I would never even think of and you always make them work!!

Melanie said...

Those plates are so cute! And this cake looks good in cupcake form :)

Diyana said...

oh i ate one. was good. yummy yummy

Monica H said...

Crumb cake muffins?! They look fantastic!

Monica H said...

BTW, did you get your cookbook? You never said anything?

Emily said...

Your book and the cast iron skillet arrived but the family is doing their 1st anniversary prayers for their late dad so I will collect the items (hey today!) soon! I got bananas in the freezer already!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of baking these up as muffins. Will have to give that a try next time...super fun and easy way to pack these little treats in school lunches!