Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 5, 2018

CC#31: Sautéed Chayote with beef (chicken)

Very simple dish, instead beef, seafood may be used but I used chicken breastmeat.  Crushed garlic, fish sauce and salt for the marinate for the meat.
The chayote is peeled, and sliced into sticks.
Firstly stir-fry the chicken in peanut oil, then add the vegetables, and fish sauce.  I added some water to the pan and covered it to let them cook till tender, the way hubby likes his veggies.
~*~ 
Recipe from pgs 110-111 of
Bobby Chinn's
Wild,  Wild East,
Recipes & Stories from Vietnam
~*~ 
I am sharing this recipe at Cookbook Countdown #31
I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.Join us at Cookbook Countdown!

2 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

I made this too, ages ago! Chayote is a favourite veggie in my house. Thinking of growing it at 'Next change" :)

Donut Recipes said...

Good reading yyour post