Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 5, 2017

CtBF: MPK ~ Fresh herb omelet

 Happy New Year 2017!
Wishing all my fellow members at CtBF, and my visitors
a year of good health and good cheer!
***
We at CookTheBookFridays (CtBF) are kicking off the new year
 Using two eggs with a big splash of cream (or two!),
grated Parmesan cheese, chopped Thai basil
and a garnish of chopped spring onions,
both of which are homegrown!
A delightful breakfast for one (me!)
with fresh fruits - kiwi and starfruit
and a huge mug of Vietnamese coffee, black no sugar!
A power breakfast, I might say!
A must-make-for-hubby when he is back to Kuala Lumpur.
***
are cooking from My Paris Kitchen,
David Lebovitz's latest book.
***
A Big Thank You to KatieBetsy and Mary
for putting everything into order and making it happen!
***
my collection of David's books:
and newly acquired copy of this
Ready for Desserts
made possible by this lovely lady!
***
Newly acquired cookbooks (some lovingly gifted by friend and family)
in the last two months of 2016!
Above: Been trying to read the above book
over two years!
***
Do check out CtBF and see the results of our members
Note: We do not publish recipes at CtBF,
but certain recipe links are available at Amazon,
better still - get the book, and join us at CtBF.

13 comments:

Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) said...

Yum! I love your spin on this!

Zosia said...

That sounds like a most excellent breakfast Emily! Happy New Year.

Emily said...

Happy New Year, Zosia!

Nana said...

Happy New Year Emily, your breakfast looks good and very healthy.

KB from Prof Who Cooks said...

Nice breakfast description!! Yes, you can totally use Asiago when you use parmesan! In fact, that's exactly how/when we used asiago growing up. Sounds fabulous and glad the omelet was tasty!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks wonderful! Great additions - and the coffee!!

Betsy said...

Happy New Year, Emily! I love the assortment of herbs everyone is featuring. So many variations.

Teresa said...

Your additions sound great and such a good idea to serve it with kiwi and starfruit - yum! I love your big stack of cookbooks, too - Ready for Dessert is a go to for me and you're going to love Dorie's Cookies!

Unknown said...

I love the fruit addition!! I also like the idea of parmesan- I always have that on hand

kitchen flavours said...

I wanted to use Thai Basil and spring onions too, but opt for the chives as they need a trim! :)
These omelet is lovely and your hubby would surely love it!
Nice stack of cookbooks! wink!!

flour.ish.en said...

This omelet is key to a power breakfast cooked to perfection. I look at your cookbook stack with great interest.

Mary Hirsch said...

Happy New Year, Emily, I am not sure I have ever eaten starfruit before. Your plate looks beautiful and, yes, powerful. I liked this easy omelet and, what is nice, as you realized, is that it's a great meal for just one person. No leftovers. No waste. I hope your husband likes it also.

EmilyC said...

Mary, I made the omelet (with sauted mushroom filling) for hubby with a green salad! He said 'ok-lah'