Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 16, 2016

CtBF: MPK - Gazpacho with herbed goat cheese toast

are cooking from My Paris Kitchen,
David Lebovitz's latest book.
***
A Big Thank You to KatieBetsy and Mary
for putting everything into order and making it happen!
***
my collection of David's books:
***
Gazpacho with herbed goat cheese toasts - page 121
prepping the tomatoes for peeling them is so easy-peachy
with the suggested method ~ see > HERE <
the skin just peeled/rubbed off!
and I did not bother to mesh the tomatoes into a coarse mesh strainer... 
I just halved the tomatoes and scraped out the seeds
with a fork... and blended them in my hubby's super sonic blender!
stirred the chopped onions, cucumber and red pepper,
red wine vinegar, piment d'Esplette, paprika, olive oil,
salt and ground black pepper, (more at serving time),
and left to chill overnight in the fridge.
I did not find goat milk this time, so I strained half a tub of
Greek yogurt.. also delicious, with chopped dill and mint!
DH said not his favorite but since he was too lazy to go
out of the house that day, he had it for both lunch and dinner...
 ***
finishing off the balance of the herbed cheese
with some boiled taro roots
***
Happy to say that I did pick up a book to read this week..
Linda Grant's 'The Clothes on Their Backs'
which has transported me to Budapest, London and Rome...
half way through the book right now
a copy of her 'Still Here' is in the mail to my address!
***
Do check out CtBF and see the results of our members
Note: We do not publish recipes at CtBF,
but certain recipe links are available at Amazon,
better still - get the book, and join us at CtBF.

7 comments:

Nana said...

A very enjoyable soup that surprised me. But then again, I haven't come across any of David L. recipe that has not be great. Perfect way to use up all the end of summer tomatoes.

kitchen flavours said...

I did not make the herbed goat cheese toasts. Only the men in my house like this soup, but not the ladies! :)

Mardi Michels said...

This was a great end of summer dish!

flour.ish.en said...

Super sonic blender, way to go. That's the way I did it. Your is smooth like mine.

Mary Hirsch said...

Boiled taro roots? That's a new one for me. Not Taro, I know what that is but the roots? So, Emily, I googled it. Did you know taro is considered one of the first cultivated plants in human history? And, the root is very beneficial to your health and used in many cuisines. I always learn something from you. I also halved the tomatoes and took the seeds out, an extra step but easier, I think. Will goole your book suggestion now.

Teresa said...

He couldn't have disliked it too much, then! I agree that a powerful blender is an asset if you want this soup to be smooth.

Betsy said...

That supersonic blender did a great job! Your gazpacho looks super-smooth!