Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 24, 2014

FFwD ~ Provençal Vegetable Soup

 This Friday's recipe was
chosen by TeresaM
 some minor changes:
I used water, canned chickpeas
(sweet basil, rosemary, oregano 
from my balcony garden!)
and spaghetti pasta broken into small lengths
used store bought pesto
(cos I need to finish the balance in the bottle! apologies!)
I like my soup watery
this time I remembered my manners
and did not slurp but delicately ate this 
with a spoon till the very end!!

 

It is the pesto that makes this soup tasty!
I LikeD!
 Do check out the rest of group's results for this week's recipe at:
 
Provençal Vegetable Soup - pg 83

Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

13 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

So glad you enjoyed! I did, too :)

Anonymous said...

I think that the pesto certainly helps and is a reason to always have a jar handy. But I also think that the soup holds up even on its own. Darn tasty for some broth and a few veggies.

Nana said...

We loved it, sorry I cut the recipe in half. Who knew? Yours looks
fantastic.

Kathy said...

I enjoyed the pesto addition…it added an extra layer of flavor to the soup! This soup was delicious! Yours looks lovely!

Diane Balch said...

I guess with pesto in it you can get away with water. Good to note that.

Diane Zwang said...

We enjoyed this one also. Made for good leftovers.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this too! Glad that you enjoyed. I thought about using prepared pesto, but since I didn't have any, and had a whole bunch of basil on the counter...
Your soup looks beautiful. Love the photo of all of the veggies.

Arisuchan said...

glad you enjoyed this Emily, I LOVED the pesto in it,... could have doubled the amount of pesto we made for as good as it was!

Cakelaw said...

The pesto is a great idea - glad you enjoyed it.

Jora said...

Very pretty photo! The basil leaves are a nice touch.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the pesto definitely makes the soup!

Cher Rockwell said...

I didn't try the pesto in this - if I make this again, I will need to try it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Emily! :)

I finally got 'round to posting about this soup this week. I think you're right, you can't do without the pesto or it's under-seasoned. It's just the sort of soup I like. Yours looks elegant.