Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 19, 2014

TCS ~ Pineapple Cheese Squares & Cupcakes

I LIKE!
The cupcake version was not to my liking
probably I used too much crust dough for the cupcakes
with the full recipe I got 12 cupcakes
but the base was too thick
I could have got perhaps 18 if I reduced the amount
will do the next time!
(and overbaked at blind baking stage - 
until edges are slightly brown should do it 
instead of 18mins as recommended - cos its cupcakes!
ending up slightly burnt after the last baking stage)

but of course we usually end up with leftover batter
so dragged my non-collapsible camping oven
(not that I go camping ever!)
its a great little oven to go to in times of emergency!
and make another batch of crust!
2nd batch of crust baking in the wee little oven
with the cupcakes cooling down in the bottom oven
I used Mascarpone and Tatura cream cheeses
my DH wolfed this above serving down without a pause,
and only nodding his head meaning yes
when I asked him if he liked it!
at breakfast somemore!

 this is our 9th recipe from
pages 358-360 of
Carole Walter's
Great Cakes, over 250 recipes to Bake, Share and Enjoy!

Do visit us at FB to see the results of the group!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed them Emily, great job! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

OvenDelights said...

I really wanted to try this recipe, I'm going to have to do some research on the cheese.

Anonymous said...

Both treats sound great!

The Ninja Baker said...

They are beautiful Emily...I admire your diligence and perseverance and pulled out your camping oven. With or without the thick crust I bet it was scrumptious!

Sandra Lee said...

I really wanted to try this and happy to see how yummy yours looks.

kitchen flavours said...

Looks yummy, Emily!

DomesticGoddessWannabe said...

Hey Emily, I really didn't like the sound of this cake because for some reason, I had this idea that it was going to be a sloppy mess, but now that I have seen your cake, I take it all back! It's gorgeous!!

ImWhisper said...

So sorry about your cupcakes but your cake looks so yummy!

:)
Holly