Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 2, 2014

FFwD ~ Tuna Rillettes

Easy peachy compared with last week's dish
my adaptation:
Tuna in oil
processed with 
toasted garam masala and cumin powders
salt, pepper, onions
and thick cream
lemon juice
chill for at least an hour before serving
topped with sliced cornichons 
served with toasted slender slices of muesli bread
smeared with honey mustard
(from Jay's!)
above: the last bit with baked rice crackers 
and crisp green apple slices
with my breakfast watermelon
~*~
Finally made a lamb tagine (without the tagine)
btw can anyone advise me with regards
to the seasoning of a tagine pot before using
or can I be lazy and skip the seasoning part...?
btw the lamb tagine was great
thanks Jay's for the most tender lamb knuckle
cooked to perfection in one hour!

do check out the rest of group's results at:
 

Tuna rillettes from page 28
Lamb and dried apricot tagine from pages 284 n 285

Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

13 comments:

Diane Balch said...

Love the Indian version of the rillette...great looking tagine.

Anonymous said...

Your comment on FFwD website reminded me of my trip to Singapore many years ago. By the end of the week, most of my sentenced ended in lah:-)

Anonymous said...

Your version of the rillettes sounds delicious! And nice catch up, too.

Diane Zwang said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who thought it was ok. Cooking with a tagine, I am impressed.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Looks great! I'm all for an easy recipe now and then :)

Anonymous said...

The way you served this looks delicious!

Unknown said...

OK next time I make this, which by the way is going to me tomorrow as soon as I get my hands on some tuna, I am will use garam masala! I can't wait!!! I loved the recipe!

Anonymous said...

I like the cornichion garnish you used. This was a delicious appetizer.

Kathy said...

Glad you enjoyed this one…I loved that it was easy too! Love the garnish!

Jora said...

I really like your serving idea. I bet the cornichons and mustard really perked this up!

Mary Hirsch said...

I might try the garam masala myself. Your variation sounded interesting and delicious. Mustard? Well, okay. I have a tagine (need to pull it out) from Le Creuset and it didn't need seasoning. I am going to link to yours and have a look.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... garam masala, that sounds delicious. I like the looks of your version. Mine was just ok, but it was fun to make.

Cher Rockwell said...

Oh, a tagine - how fun!

All your dishes sound tasty