*half way through baking the crust, found the pan to be too small making the crust too thick. Luckily, I lined the pan so it was easy for me to transfer the whole lot into a bigger pan!
My version of: Fresh Berry White Chocolate Streusel Bars
2 cups oats (rolled oats)
1 1/2 cups AP flour
3/4 cup white sugar (half cup brown sugar)
3/4 cup brown sugar (half cup)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup COLD butter, cut into small pieces
4 oz. fluid strawberry jam (I used raspberry jam)
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups FRESH berries (chopped frozen! strawberries and a handful of soaked and drained dried cranberries)
3 oz. fluid white chocolate (I put the dark chocolate in a oven proof bowl and baked it the same time with the crust)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl whisk together oats, flour, both sugars, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
2. Add in COLD butter that has been cut into small pieces. Combine into dry ingredients either with your hands or a pastry cutter until butter is well incorporated as little crumbles. Remove 1 cup of mixture and with remaining mixture carefully pour into a 15x10 jellyroll pan/cookie sheet. Press mixture into pan to create an even crust.
3. Place in oven and bake for 12-13 minutes or until it is firm to the touch. You do NOT want to brown this layer. Remove from oven.
4. Room temperature jam; add in lemon zest and then spread over warm crust.
5. Spread berries over jam layer and then sprinkle with reserved 1 cup crumb mixture.
6. Pop into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until topping is a light brown. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour before drizzling with melted chocolate.