Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 13, 2015

FFwD ~ Vanilla-Butter-Braised Prawns and Chicken Couscous

As next week will be a busy one for me,
I made two recipes - both of which
were enjoyed in my house!
***
Vanilla-Butter-Braised Lobster tails:
 There is no place that I can walk into and buy live lobster where I am,
but I did have jumbo prawns in my freezer!
served over blanched chives flower
super yumms!
 ***
Chicken Couscous
went down well in my house too
Hubby enjoyed the couscous (but mentioned that it was a bit sweet)
and I did leave out the raisins for his portion...
***
Do check out the rest of group's results for this week's recipe at:
(click picture below)
Vanilla-Butter-Braised Lobster (used jumbo prawns) pages 324-325
Chicken Couscous - pages 214 to 216
Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

13 comments:

Nana said...

That is fantastic with the prawns. I am not a fan of lobster, live or tails,
or otherwise. Will definitely look into the shrimp. The chicken/couscous
was great.

Cher Rockwell said...

Those prawns look delicious (and the chicken!)
I hope being away is for a good reason!
Have a great weekend.

Arisuchan said...

what a great idea!! :) I think i'll be using prawns too!

Anonymous said...

I agree with your husband on the couscous, I like my savory foods to be savory and not sweet. And I am very much looking forward to next week's dish! Thanks for the preview.

Anonymous said...

I have leftover vanilla butter, so maybe I'll try that with some prawns. The chicken was good too. Glad you liked it.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Bill won't eat lobster, but I certainly could use shrimp! Thanks for the terrific idea---yours looks divine!!!

Cakelaw said...

Your prawns look great Emily. I enjoyed this dish too.

Kathy said...

Both of your dishes look lovely! My picky eater wasn’t fond of the chickpeas or the couscous!

tricia s. said...

Yay you for doing both during a busy week. And those prawns look amazing. Glad you enjoyed both, and smart to not do the raisins for hubby.

Mary Hirsch said...

Loved the chicken couscous. And, last night Susan and John Lester and I made the lobster. One word. Yum.

Anonymous said...

I think the prawns are a great substitution for the lobster! And I'm glad the chicken couscous was a hit for you. (I have to say I'm with your husband on the raisins - I always leave them out!)

Diane Zwang said...

Glad these were a hit for you. Hope your week goes smoothly. See you next week.

KB from Prof Who Cooks said...

The prawns look great and I love the bed of chives flowers! Pretty pretty and I bet it was absolutely delicious! Glad both recipes went over so well for you all!