Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 26, 2015

FFwD ~ Riviera Fish Soup

I have been looking at this week's recipe
for the longest time
wondering about the pastis
asking about the pastis
looking around for the pastis
to no avail ... until a fellow Dorista
mentioned 'Pernod' !
After consulting with Mr Google
I bought a 70cl bottle of Ricard!
I used a total of about 5 tablespoons of it...
very healthy otherwise
cos it has no butter or cream in the list of ingredients
*olive oil, onions, garlic, carrots, fennel
whole tomatoes from a can, tomato paste
thyme, bay leaf, orange zest, saffron threads
salt and pepper*
I was actually tempted (at some point)
not to puree the soup but went ahead with it
gosh this was a time consuming recipe
with three parts
*soup
*garlic mayo
*garlic bread
that I had no time nor energy for attempting a make-up!
This above was my dinner tonight
it was nice!
***
Do check out the rest of group's results for this week's recipe at:
(click picture below)
riviera fish soup - pages 92 til 94
aioli (garlic mayonnaise) - bonne idees page 490
Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

7 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Glad you liked it! (we thought it was a bit odd!) - yours is a pretty colour!

Diane Balch said...

You might like my slow cooker version... sorry it was such a hassle. Looks like yours came out well.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I loved this soup, too! But, yes, it was some work, wasn't it???

Kathy said...

We loved this soup, too! I used snapper filets and then put everything into the blender! Much easier! Your color is just lovely!

Diane Zwang said...

This soup did not seem to be a big hit with the group. That Mr. Google knows everything. I did a make-up again, salmon and lentils. Have a good week.

Nana said...

Looks very pretty, we were not too impressed, but it was interesting.

Anonymous said...

I liked the taste, but I still regret that I pureed it all. My favorite part was the garlic mayo.