Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 10, 2018

CC#33: Water Chestnut Nori Squares


Test run of this three ingredients quick recipe, ie if and when you see fresh water chestnuts in the market, which I did not!  But I do have a can of water chestnuts needing some attention!  Nori sheets and oil for frying are next.
But but you really need to drain (and squeezed the grated water chestnuts) as dry as possible (otherwise oil splatter will happen!).  Heat up the oil in a small saucepan, spoon a thin layer of the ready water chestnut on the cut Nori squares, slip into the hot oil Nori side down. Fry till filling is slightly golden, dish out and drain on kitchen towel, serve immediately. The canned water chestnuts I used were a bit bland so I sprinkled some cili flakes on top! Nice!
~*~
The recipe is from page 101 from the March 2018 issue of The Malaysian Women's Weekly which was gifted me by a fellow participant of the Malaysian chapter of BNP, Buy (Beli) Nothing Project.
~*~
I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #33 

No comments: