Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 4, 2018

CC#32: Sambal tumis ikan bilis

It has been a long while since I last made any thing hot and spicy, and anything to do with dried chilies too.
I bought some dried chilies from the wet market last Sunday.  And it seems that there are two types of dried chilies, hot and not so hot. And the lady vendor decided on my behalf that I should bring home the not so hot variety!  And rightly so.  I noticed that this variety is a shorter, with blunt instead of pointed tips.  

I am pleasantly surprised how simple and easy this anchovies sambal is!  This simple dish is versatile - eat it as a side dish, condiment, use it in your stir fried noodles or fried rice, yummy!
~*~
 I followed the recipe from pgs 24-27 from the above
 'Learn to make, Malay Kuih' by
Zaine Hj. Puteh
~*~ 
I am sharing this recipe at Cookbook Countdown #32
I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.Join us at Cookbook Countdown!

1 comment:

kitchen flavours said...

Yummy Yum! Looks delish and so good! I love sambal ikan bilis!