Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 23, 2018

CC#28: Chicken, Pineapple, and Bitter Melon soup

A nourishing soup when you have a cold.
Surprisingly, the pineapple and bitter melon chunks were intact after two hours of slow simmering, and the chicken meat were melting from the bones!
Well, this soup was not a favorite of both hubby and I, so I can say... 
Not a repeat recipe, unless we have a cold!

This is the second recipe I made this book, gifted me by a sweet and adorable friend!
Chicken, Pineapple,  and Bitter melon Soup ~ pgs 162-163 of The Food of Taiwan 
by Cathy Erway. 
~*~
I am sharing this recipe at Cookbook Countdown #28
I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.  Join us at Cookbook Countdown! 

1 comment:

kitchen flavours said...

Pineapple and bitter melon together does sound weird! haha! I have never had pineapple in soups, but I do love bitter melon in soups. Interesting soup!