Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 24, 2018

CC#26:Classic mince and onion pie

This recipe has English mustard, Marmite, Worcestershire sauce, with a cube of beef stock for the seasonings.
I made the savory shortcrust pastry the night before. It was easy to switch from sweet crust to savory by replacing the sugar with grated cheddar (I used Parmesan).
Delicious! 
~*~
 Recipe from pages 176-177 from Ministry of Food
I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.  Join us at Cookbook Countdown! 

1 comment:

Zosia said...

You've had a very busy month of cooking Emily and everything looks so good! I've often been tempted to buy marmite just to try it - I think using it in a meat pie might be a good introduction to it.