Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

CC#26: Glazed lamb shanks

What I love about this recipe is that the shanks are cooked initially on the stove top, and finished in the oven for twenty minutes for the glazing part.
Monica served the shanks with a mash, but I served mine with ten-grains rice ball. This was my light lunch. Hubby had more rice balls along with a quick cook vegetables soup with the shanks.
I found this copy of Monica Galetti's Monica's Kitchen at Parkson at MyTown in Cheras. It has a foreword by Michel Roux Jr too. Not surprising as she works for him in London.
A well written Cookbook, instructions provided are easy to follow, and detailed!  She has given her own spin to many French traditional recipes to make them easy to execute at home.
I am co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.  If you are like, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that.  Join us at Cookbook Countdown! 

1 comment:

Zosia said...

That shank looks so rich and delicious and the glaze gives it such an attractive sheen. I've not heard of this author but I see that this book is available at a very good price even through amazon.