Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Cake Slice bakers (TCS) ~ Caribbean Coconut Cake with rum (icing)

The Cake Slice bakers have the following recipes to bake for December 2016:
Coffee and Walnut Cake, Paul A. Young's Torta Gianduja,
Caribbean Coconut Cake with Rum, and Gingerbread
and
this is my adaptation of the
Caribbean Coconut Cake with Rum ~ pg 25
I dry pan fried the freshly grated coconut
into the dryness I desired
some of it went into the cake batter,
and used the final golden coconut gratings 
(longer frying time) for the topping
At half the recipe (which I regret doing so)
there were six cupcakes! a mini loaf and a small round cake
not too shabby for half the recipe!
we were supposed to pipe thin criss-cross lines
with the icing... but I tried and the lines were not even
so I just spread the icing, 
which has coconut cream, icing sugar and rum,
on the tops of the cakes
(for the cupcakes I dip the tops into the icing)
which help hold the coconut topping in place!
why is it that when I bake half a recipe, it turn out to be a super delish cake?
the crumb was tender and just moist enough.
***
The Cake Slice is baking from
"World Class Cakes" by Roger Pizey, for our new season! 

The Cake Slice Badge



9 comments:

Carlee said...

Mmmm! Now I want to take a bite (or three!) You can always make the other half now!

Elle said...

Good to know that this is not a recipe to do half of. Love the golden coconut on the cupcakes!

Gina said...

That does sound delicious!

Phillip Oliver said...

It looks good. I almost chose this one.

Unknown said...

These sound so delicious and I am so glad someone made them!

Hello said...

They look so good and sound so delicious x

kitchen flavours said...

OK I'm sold! I will be baking this when I have some time to spare! Looks yummy, and I love coconut cake!

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Hi Emily, I love coconut cake. These coconut cakes with rum icing are so yummy!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

It sounds like a wonderful recipe and I like that you can do half if you want to. I am a big fan of coconut, so I am going to have to try this one.