Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Cake Slice Bakers ~ January 2016

For those of you interested in joining the Cake Slice, a group of dedicated bakers,

 please contact Laura

our group administrator, with enquiries."
***
Introducing our new cakebook 
for year November 2015 to October 2016!
Maida Heatter's Cakes
***
January 2016's choices were:
1. The Best Damn Lemon Cake P 21
2. Star Spangled Banana Cake P 92
3. Bull's- Eye Cheesecake P 140
4. Cranberry Upside Down Cake P 213
***
Initially I wanted to bake The Best Damn Lemon Cake but could not
find lemon extract anywhere!
And then, my second choice was baked by another member and after
guessing somewhat.... decided my third choice will sure to be a loner! 
only guessing out loud though..
and here it is:
Cranberry Upside Down Cake ~ page 213


had a slice this morning with cream whipped with vanilla sugar

yumms!


7 comments:

Carlee said...

That looks delicious! I am glad I got to see pictures of all 4 recipes now. I like to have a visual to go with recipes.

Emily said...

Me too, Carlee, especially when there are zero pictures in the book!

Gina said...

That looks so good Emily! I had wanted to make that but couldn't get fresh cranberries... however yesterday I found some so guess what I'll be baking at the weekend!

Hazel said...

Oh now this is breakfast cake!! I love the look of it Emily and I could really go for a slice right now! YUM!

Laura@ Baking in Pyjamas said...

So glad you made this Emily, I love it we all choose something different.

OvenDelights said...

Great choice Emily! Fresh cranberries are hard to find here if it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas!

EmilyC said...

The cranberry upsidedown cake is DELISH! Go make it if you can find fresh cranberries!