Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook ~ Mushroom stroganoff

I came across portobello mushrooms at GE Mall
and grabbed a couple medium size ones
and was pleasantly surprised that the cost
was not exorbitant so happy dance
I also used Kelantan Red Rice instead of wild rice
and greens from my container garden
instead of baby spinach
my homemade crunchy pickled cucumbers
instead of store bought cornichons
and I particularly liked 'the whisking the sauce for 15 mins' part
the sauce was worth that hard work!
here is my take on Rachel Khoo's
Mushroom stroganoff with spinach and wild rice
pages 124 and 125
of Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook
you may use beef or chicken in place of mushrooms
***
my collection of  Rachel Khoo's cookbooks:
Rachel Khoo's
The Little Paris Kitchen
My Little French Kitchen
RK's Kitchen Notebook

and these two arrived last Friday! 
Rachel Khoo's 'sweet & savory pates'
and Rachel Khoo's 'muesli & granola'

3 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Emily,
Wonderful that you sub the ingredients with what you had! Looks delicious! You are cooking your way thru RK's books!
I wanted to start a personal cooking challenge too for ages, but am too lazy to start! :)

EmilyC said...

Joyce,
Let's revive THB to include home cooking too and let the members showcase their favorite cooks and books!

Cakelaw said...

Oooh, delish - I love a good strog, particularly in the cooler weather. I have made the pomegranate cake out of her latest book (recipe was in a food mag I bought), and it was pretty good.