Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 23, 2015

FFwD ~ Sardine Escabeche and more..

This week's FFwD recipe is the last of the fish
dishes from the book the rest of the Doristas
had to contend with
I used only three sardine fish
so all ingredients scaled down accordingly
the above was the second tasting (last) after two days
in the fridge 
smeared with unsalted butter and hot mustard,
dinner for one!

***
finally caught up with the mangoes and lychees
but with chicken breasts and cherry tomatoes
served with couscous with raisins
***
last week's FFwD offering:
served with Kelantan red rice and homegrown ladies fingers
for hubby's dinner
 ***
 Do check out the rest of group's results for this week's recipe at:
(click picture below)
 
Sardine Escabeche (p188)
Pork roast (chicken breast) with mangoes and lychees (p278)
Coconut-lemongrass braised pork 
Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

11 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

You've had some terrific make up weeks! I love your twist on the pork and mangoes :)

Kathy said...

Emily you are the Queen of make-ups! Great line-up! Your sardines do look good…but I just can’t do sardines! I did do a make up this week…Cheez-it-ish Crackers! They were wonderful!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

You are the queen of the makeups! I have to get going on this myself!

Hello said...

Mmmm, looks delicious x

Betsy said...

You really fit in a lot of makeups every week. Nice job on this and your small batch of sardines.

Cakelaw said...

That is an epic makeup post. Great work Emily.

KB from Prof Who Cooks said...

Wow, you did a whole bunch of makeups!! The sardines look great!

Mary Hirsch said...

Very nice, Emily. I like your creative touches to the Pork (the chicken breasts) and the coconut/lemongrass flavorings with the Pork. I salute you for dealing with the Sardine Escabeche. Good for you.

Nana said...

Your dish of sardines looks great, quite delicious. I could not find any so I went with shrimp which was delicious.

Diane Zwang said...

How did you like the Coconut-lemongrass braised pork? I have not made that one yet. Looks like you have been busy in the kitchen lately. Have a great week.

Karen @ From Scratch said...

Nice catch-up! I only used three sardines too...a perfect lunch for one!