Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 4, 2014

FFwD ~ Visitandine

This Friday's recipe from
Dorie's Around My French Table
is one with a lot of history
which you can read about if you visit the blogs
of my fellow Doristas
(I will not tell you which, but have fun visiting them H.E.R.E.!! 
above:  I have to half the recipe cos there were only 4 eggs left
and my DH needs two the next day for his breakfast
(the things we do for our other half) 
and whipped up the simple ingredients
egg whites, sugar, flour, melted butter,
a pinch of salt and vanilla (which I forgot)
all by hand and baked my miniatures for 18 mins! 
 we had just polish off our batch of fresh berries
so it was frozen strawberries in natural (real) maple syrup
and balsamic vinegar
 and for the three Madeleines 
 I dusted them with cocoa and icing powders
 and for the first time, I wish there were more cake to eat!
 do check out the rest of group's results at:
page 436

Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

13 comments:

Andrea_TheKitchenLioness said...

Emily. Madeleines and cake with balsamic strawberries and maple sugar make for a nice and interesting presentation!
Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love the Madeleine version and the little cakes you made. You chose great accompaniments for them, too.

Kathy said...

Great idea to bake some in your Madeleine mold…and I love balsamic strawberries…yum! Loved this recipe..it was so versatile and very delicious! Have a nice weekend!

Diane Balch said...

Your strawberries were a great idea... I love the Madeleine molds, but I would never make them often enough to justify yet another baking item.

Anonymous said...

So cute as madeleines! I'll try to remember to pull out the pan for the next time I make this cake. Strawberries look great.

Trevor Sis Boom said...

Madeleinitidines!

Anonymous said...

I need to get Paris Sweets!

Unknown said...

What a great idea to bake them in your mold. Looks terrific!

Unknown said...

Madeleines and cake with just two eggs well done! They all look wonderful!

Adriana said...

I really like the variety of molds you have used. This was really a super versatile recipe.

Cher Rockwell said...

Oh - I like what you did here.
We used balsamic on our fruit as well - it adds such a great flavor, doesn't it?

Cakelaw said...

Yum!! The balsamic strawberries are the perfect accompaniment.

Jora said...

I almost always wish there was more cake to eat! Both of your versions of this cake look delicious, and I admire your creativity with the frozen strawberries.