Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 24, 2014

FFwD ~ moules mariniere

For this week, I made a catch-up dish too!
Above: Short Ribs in Port and Red Wine
which the Doristas made way back in 25 February, 2011
- not my fav but pleasant enough -

for moules mariniere:
I only managed to get frozen half shell mussels this morning
from a month old new outlet near my fav mom n pop grocer 
 omitted the chicken bouillon cube
used fresh young ginger
the above are the only two addition/omission
it was all mine!

check out the rest of group's results at:
recipe from page 312 of

Thanks for dropping by for a visit and leaving me a comment!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

The ginger sounds like a lovely addition!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

How fun. I didn't even know you could get mussels on the half shell! I guess you don't have to worry about whether or not they open that way? I've never seen them!

Gracie said...

Ginger, good idea!

Cher Rockwell said...

Wow, the half shell makes eating them easy, doesn't it?
I just re-made those ribs a couple of weeks ago. They were one of my favorite!

Diane Balch said...

I've never seen or had mussels on the half shell great idea with ginger.

Christy said...

Great addition with Ginger! love that these were already on the half-shell. The short ribs look terrific too - I've still got to make that one up

Anonymous said...

Both your dishes look extremely tasty!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen frozen mussels, but I'm glad that you were able to enjoy this. The ginger sounds like a great twist.

Geri Saucier said...

Great idea using ginger. Loved these mussels.

Kit @ i-lostinausten said...

Looks good & love the addition of ginger ! YUM! ;)

Amy Andrews said...

Those are green-lipped mussels aren't they?? ooo! Lucky you! Glad you enjoyed.