Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 24, 2013

THB ~ #26 ~ Cranberry Oatmeal Walnut (Almond) Cake

 We at 
The Home Bakers
baked our 26th recipe from
Lou Seibert Pappas'
coffee cakes, simple, sweet and savory
Coffee Cakes: Simple, Sweet and Savory
half recipe gave me two mini loaves
and one square pan 5"x5"
  
I made half the recipe
used frozen cranberries
no walnuts, burnt my pecans (and finger) used sliced almonds 
*plus point - all by hand
no machine required!
 
the gurls said that this cake taste better
after a day, so am I waiting till tomorrow
before tasting but from the crumbs
its promising!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks hearty yet sweet. Great for autumn!

Kit @ i-lostinausten said...

Hi Emily, Thanks for baking along with me! Your cake looks nice & great idea using pecans & almonds . ;)

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Emily,
A healthy snack! The cranberries are sour! Haha! I ended up eating most of the muffins myself!

Unknown said...

Your cake looks very beautiful and I like the use of pecans.

Zoe said...

Hi Emily,

Like you said, this cake is really easy to bake but just not sweet enough to eat... Or maybe we have been eating too much sugar and have numbed our taste buds for extra sweetness... Ops!

Zoe