Hope I am in time for a
Deep Chocolate Pound Cake
(source from : Bon Appetit Dessert Cookbook, Barbara Fairchild)
2-1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour*
(* I used 2-1/4 cup cake flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream*
1/2 cup whole milk*
(* I used 1 cup whole milk with a big squeeze of lemon juice
~ making it homemade buttermilk!)
1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 cup instead of 1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons boiling water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Position rack in center of oven, preheat to 350F. Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan; tap out excess flour. (* I lined three mini loaf pans from Daiso and made 5 cupcakes with this recipe)
- Whisk flour, baking powder, coarse salt, and baking soda in medium bowl. Whisk sour cream and milk in small bowl.
- Sift cocoa into another small bowl. Whisk in honey and 2 tablespoons boiling water until smooth. Cool completely.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in another medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in vanilla. Add cooled cocoa mixture; stir until smooth, occasionally scrapping down bowl. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream mixture in 2 additions each until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 8 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool.