DH asked what am I baking tonight ..... decided to make this
yogurt cake especially for him as he doesn't like chocolate....
From the book Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman
|2||cups unbleached all-purpose flour|
|1||tsp. baking powder|
|¼||tsp. baking soda|
|1||cup plain whole-milk yogurt or low-fat yogurt|
|⅓||cup vegetable oil|
|2||tsp. pure vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cake pan and dust it with flour, knocking out any extra.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the top of the cake is light golden and a toothpick inserted into the center is clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, invert it onto a wire rack, and then turn it right side up on a rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, then slice and serve.
- Store uneaten cake in a cake keeper or wrap in plastic and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.