Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pumpkin Bread Pudding ~ Part 2

 
 and here's how to do...
 whisk 3 egg yolks, 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1.5tbsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp brown sugar
(* could do without the brown sugar if you prefer!)
 all together
heat 200ml coconut milk and 200ml cooking cream till a simmer
 
pour into pumpkin and egg mixture, whisking vigorously (to avoid eggs curdling!)
 
I choose to bake my pudding in ramekins..
 
let it stand for 15mins for the cubed pumpkin bread to absorb the batter
recipe for the pumpkin bread, see my Part #1 ~ HERE!
 
baked in 325 deg.f. oven in water bath for 45 mins or till sides are gold and centres jiggly
 
I served up mine here (cold) with chopped mango and kiwi without any sauce (less calories)
but the 1st one hot from the oven last night ~ both equally good!
 


4 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

Look delicious Emily:)

Emily said...

Hi Gloria!

Thanks for the visit!

Alessandra said...

I really like the idea of individual bread puddings :-)

Ciao
Alessandra

CasariaCommunityCentre said...

Alessandra!

Thanks for dropping by! Yup individual anything is okay by me! less messy!