Above: Top 2 ~ Doughnut Muffins
Bottom 2 ~ Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Above: love my new mixer!
Above: left piece ~ melted butter rolled in cinnamon sugar
/ right piece - dusted with cinnamon sugar only
Doughnut Muffins Recipe
Made 12 muffins and then more!
You will need:
6 oz. unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar (I used soft brown sugar)
2 large eggs (I used 3 medium sized ones)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons buttermilk
You will need for the Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
4 oz. unsalted butter, melted (I melted 4 tablespoons and thats more than enough)
1 cup sugar (I used less than this and light brown sugar again)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 12-tin muffin pan. (Cheated, used papercups! - less messy to coat with topping with!)
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground nutmeg and salt together and mix well together. Set aside.
4. Combine the milk and buttermilk. Set aside.
5. Cream the butter and sugar in a electric mixer with medium speed.
6. Lower the mixer speed, add one egg at a time, beat until just mixed in.
7. Use a wooden spoon, stir in a quarter of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Then add in a third of the milk mixture and mix well. Continue mixing in the remaining dry and wet ingredients alternately, ending with the dry. Mix until well combined and smooth, but don’t overmix. (I continued with my mixer on low speed setting)
8. Divide the batter into all the muffin tins. (I had left over to make another 6)
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake tester come out clean.
To make cinnamon sugar: Combine the sugar and ground cinnamon and mix well.
a) Remove the muffins from the tin when the muffins are cool enough to handle.
b) Dip the muffins into the melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar.
** For the extra 6 pieces, I dusted the tops with the cinnamon topping without the melted butter, just for my DH!
Top and bottom: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cupcakes adapted from
the original recipe HERE!!