Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 17, 2018

CtBF~MPK: Panade de butternut

I made and ate it this week, but can't seem to be able to put my thoughts on paper. Did I like it, did hubby? His reply was the usual ok-lah....
This was my portion, with rye bread from Tommy Le Baker, from my freezer stash.  I actually enjoyed flavouring the toasted bread with the garlic clove. I used homemade chicken stock, cheddar and parmesan cheeses. I only managed to stuff two layers of squash and bread.
My verdict: a single layer of bread (of your choice), on top on a single layer of thick cut squash covered with lots of caramelized onions, broth and cheese. During last 15 minutes of bake time, top the bread with loads of cheeses.  I think I would have enjoyed it more this way.
~*~
Below: hubby's portion with his usual whole meal bread (don't think he will enjoy rye bread).
Served with a simple salad on the side.
Without extra broth.
He did cleaned the bowl.
(ps: I do have another bowl in the fridge, but I think it will be going into my compost bin.)
~*~
are cooking from
Recipe from pgs 162-164
***
A Big Thank You to KatieBetsy and Mary
for putting everything into order and making it happen!
***
my collection of David's books:
***
Do check out CtBF and see the results of our members
Note: We do not publish recipes at CtBF,
but certain recipe links are available at Amazon,
better still - get the book, and join us at CtBF.

~*~
I'm linking this post with Cookbook Countdown #35 

3 comments:

Cheznana said...

I don't think this went over too well with many bloggers this week, but believe it or not I did enjoy it. It is a bit strange, but at least we all tried it.

Mardi Michels said...

Yours actually looks really good - like French onion soup kind of. I thought it was odd too!

Margrèt Jóhanna said...

Not a great one if you are cutting down carbs.