Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 21, 2017

TCS ~ May's Pineapple Coconut Cake

We continue to bake from "World Class Cakes" by Roger Pizey!
This month Cake Choices are...

Genoise with Raspberries and Cream p.26
Lime and Poppyseed Syrup Cake p.118
Pineapple Coconut Cakes with Pineapple Syrup p.172
Sacher Torte p.57
***
I am late in baking and posting my May cake choice, all for a valid reason....
I wanted a cake for my BD!!
Pineapple Coconut Cakes with Pineapple Syrup
 
and pardon my first attempt at making pineapple flowers
(I totally forgot all about them being still in the oven, with gas fire on!)
Just pretend that they are nicely browned.....
I found three pieces of fluted mini pans in my stash:
bottom measured 2" diameter and the top - tip to tip ~ 3.5"
(almost accurate to the required fluted brioche pans in the recipe)
 ~*~
BD gift to myself - another Chinese spoon to my collection!
 
There were three pieces with this design, but one has a small chip,
and the other with fading silver line at one spot.
 ***
The Cake Slice is baking from
"World Class Cakes" by Roger Pizey, for our new season! 

The Cake Slice Badge


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I love the pineapple flower, it adds a lovely touch to the cake!

Fearlessly Creative Mammas said...

Happy birthday! I would love to see more of your spoon collection. Your new one is a pretty little thing. AND I am loving those pineapple flowers.

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

Hauʻoli lā hānau! 🌸 Your cake looks amazing and you did a great job on the pineapple flower. It actually looks like you tinted the edges so it looks like a more realistic flower, and the cake itself looks so delicate and moist.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think your flowers look lovely, and your cake delicious.

SusanB said...

They look very fluffy and good! Happy Birthday!

Carlee said...

Happy birthday! What a fun way to celebrate!

kitchen flavours said...

Wah, a lovely touch with the pineapple flowers! Pretty spoon! Hope you had a super good birthday!

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Happy & Blessed belated birthday Emily!
That pineapple flower simply looked so gorgeous! Pineapple coconut cake looked yummy!

Hazel said...

EMILY!! i missed you birthday.. oh my gosh girl I am so sorry! Belated Happy Birthday to you my dear friend.. wishing you many more birthday cakes a luscious looking as this one! Hazel x