Made these Haiji White Buns a while back from the original recipe found while blog hopping HERE!
Absolutely love the texture - ultra soft!
Above: 2nd rising ~ 45mins ~ no picture of baked buns - too late at night.
Below: an oats version!
this time chose not to use the muffin pan as the buns took the cup shape!(I double up this recipe)
Bread Four 250g (500g ~ 300g bread flour and 200g black oats - pulsed for 30 secs in the processor)
Instant Yeast 3g (6 g)
Milk 200g (400g)
Sugar 10g (20g)
Salt 3g (1tsp)
Butter 10g (20g)
1. Pre heat oven t 190'C. In a bowl, except butter, mix all the ingredients to get a rough dough. Add in butter and continue to knead till the dough is springy and smooth. This should takes about 10 minutes.
2. Let dough rise till double the volume, covered and keep in warm place.
3. Portion into 7 equal size and roll up to form a ball. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
4. Press each dough flat and re roll to form ball shape. Dust the dough with some flour, and use a rolling pin give an impression across each dough. Place them on baking tray and let them rise for 40 minutes.
5. Bring the oven temperature down to 140'C, bake dough in the oven for 15 minutes.
** ~ **
Above: From my favorite scones recipe HERE! ~ I was lazy so I just scooped tablespoons full into my 12 cup muffin pan - just to save washing up my rolling pin and wooden board! Works fine for me!
Below: My favorite Hummingbird recipe from HERE!
Whew! three items in one night's baking session! Well done gurl! LOL!