Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cookbook Countdown #11: KK ~ Italian mushroom ragout

I'm co-hosting Cookbook Countdown together with Joyce of Kitchen Flavours. If you are like us, who love to collect cookbooks and have an overcrowding bookshelf (or bookshelves!), yet most of the books have not been used at all, now is the time to change that. Join us at Cookbook Countdown
***
***
I am cooking from Kylie Kwong's earlier book 'Heart and Soul'
from her TV cooking show days, which I enjoyed.
These are all I have collected, there are two more books that 
are missing from my bookshelves!
and she is also available at FB!
***
Italian mushroom ragout - inspired by
franca and stefano manfredi - pages 42-43 
my adaptation:
4 peeled garlic cloves crushed,
1 small red onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced,
salt, 
1 small can button mushroom,
fresh shiitake mushrooms, stem trimmed down
fresh brown button mushrooms,
fresh enoki mushrooms
fresh black cloud ear fungus~
white pepper, olive oil, butter
Chinese cooking wine
roughly chopped coriander and spring onions
for hubby's dinner, mushroom ragout
with mash sweet potato and pan fried salmon
*** 
 Left: my first read in November 2016
and Right: my recent book purchases (non-cookbooks)
in October 2016!
***
Cookbook Countdown has a new website :
We are happy to inform everyone that Cookbook Countdown has it's very own website blog, which you can find here. Effective from May 2016, please link your posts at the Cookbook Countdown new website, in the linky provided. We hope to see you there! Thank you!
***
Cookbook Countdown Specials:  Bake! second quarter is now open!
If you are doing specialty bakes - do join us HERE! 

3 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

A healthy and hearty dinner! I'm sure your hubby is pleased with this delicious meal!

m said...

Garlic, mushrooms, and wine. How can you go wrong with that?

Ms Howtheylived said...

Yum, I can almost taste that! It sounds delicious!